In keeping with the topic of my last post, and which should lead nicely back to the subject of managing patient expectations, I’d just like to show a MP4 slideshow that I created directly in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 (beta), along with the steps necessary, so anyone can see just how easy this will be once the real version is released:
5 Steps to Create the Slideshow with Lightroom 3 beta:
- In the Library module, use CTRL + left mouseclick to select all the photos you want to include.
- Change to the Slideshow module.
- Pick one of the templates provided by default or create your own using the Layout options on the right side of the screen.
- Simply go through the Layout options one-by-one (extremely self-explanatory), including selecting a music track from iTunes.
- In the lower left, choose “Export Movie.”
- Let ‘er rip. 🙂
Seriously……that’s it. OK, it did take a little time just to choose the colors I wanted and to type in the text for the Intro and Concluding slides, but altogether, the slideshow that you see here (linked from my photography website, although it can be done through any number of services, such as YouTube) took me less than 4 minutes to create. While I had done some previous editing to add borders and my watermark, once LR 3 is released, they will supposedly be including an easy set of features to add borders and watermarks very easily.